ENTERTAINMENT SERIES—Television, Movies and Books!

It's almost April which means lots of things. The end of the TV season will be upon us soon...lots of cliffhangers to look forward to this coming May. Some TV series are only just beginning, like The Voice! I'm a huge fan of The Voice. Don't really know why except I have to watch it. I'm looking forward to tonight with Shakira and Usher! I think I like it so much because they're so encouraging toward the singers. I used to watch American Idol. Haven't watched it in years. Have never seen the first episode of the X-Factor. Never did enjoy the cuts with the singers that couldn't carry a note.  It's not fun to me. I felt bad for them. We all love to sing and we all have our dreams. I know that we all aren't professional singers like Adele, but I don't feel that a TV show should capitalize on the misfortune ones for whatever the reason show enough courage to reach out for their dreams and fall short. I don't care for those that choose to make fun of others to make themselves feel better. Instead, I like the fact that all the singers on The Voice can sing and are given a chance to follow their path. I also enjoy getting a glimpse of the judges' personalities.

I confess I like some reality TV...I have never watched the Kardashians, Housewives of anywhere, Jersey Shore... I like the The Amazing Race, Survivor, and if the truth be known, I occasionally catch an episode of Celebrity Apprentice. I don't watch all the time, but I keep up with them. My husband's hooked now on the new cop show on TNT, Boston's Finest.

I have made a discovery. I can become obsessed with series on Netflix...you have all the episodes at your fingertip. I couldn't stop watching Merlin the Series until I finished the last episode that Netflix had in stock. Not happy that we can't get the series over here in the US because I know there's a whole season I haven't seen yet. I have to wait and I'm not a patient person. Netflix is where I first watched one of my favorite series—Downton Abbey! Love that series! At least its on PBS and only have to wait six months to watch it...although I have to say that last season I was let down when I discovered on a spoiler that Matthew died! Oh...I should have never done that.

But series can be addictive. Am I right? Take Game of Thrones, the Walking Dead, Homeland...I also like Revenge, Once Upon a Time and Grimm. I'm still debating Revolution. I want to see where it goes...kinda forgotten about it after it has been off for so long.

Series catches our attention. When we enjoy a series, it draws us back. Take The Hunger Games...last year brought the first movie of the Suzanne Collins' book series. Now we're looking forward to the next...
Back last year, I will admit I went to The Hobbit solely because I'm a avid fan of Lord of the Rings. I knew that making three movies out of one book would drag a tad, but I enjoyed it anyway. I love books by Nicholas Sparks so I'm looking forward to seeing Safe Haven. 


BROKEN LEGACY
Isn't that what we do? Look forward to something we enjoyed in the past in hopes of enjoying a similar experience with their next movie or book.
SEDUCTIVE SECRETS
When I write a series, I write with the next book in mind, except for Secret Lives Series. My other series, Winds of Betrayal, Whispers of a Legend, or Tides of Charleston, you really need to read the first one to fully enjoy the book. Not with Secret Lives Series, this series is a series of stand alone books with a theme that ties them together—the heroine is living a life of deceit in some manner. In Seductive Secrets, Alyce is living under an assumed name because of her father is thought to have been a traitor to the Crown; in Broken Legacy, Eloise's legitimacy is in question. In the next book, Seductive Lies, my heroine makes the decision herself to live a life not her own after a being betrayed by the one she loves.  But it's my hope that in all my series, you will find yourself waiting for the next one!

What do you think of series? Like them? Can't wait for the next one? Let me know. Love to hear from you!

Have a good one! Keep reading!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THOSE LONG WINTER NIGHTS- #READAMYSTERY

Ssh! It's time for a deal. Secret Lives Series, Book 1, Seductive Secrets is Free...

December's Flash Sales