It's Hard To Say Good-by


Ramona and Gerald Caveness' Wedding Day

Last November, my mother had a stroke. Over the following year, she fought hard to recover. Unfortunately, she lost her battle last Saturday. She was 81.

My mother, Ramona, lived a full life. Reasonably, I know that it was 'her time.' I know that I'm old enough to understand that this is life. I have faith in God and his plan he holds for each of us. I take comfort in that knowledge.

But I wasn't ready to say good-by.

There is nothing...nothing like a mother's love.

Momma inspired my love for books. She is the reason I write. The picture I will always hold near my heart is her sitting in her chair with a book in her hand.

I am an Indie writer. In the Indie world, writers battle to compete with the big 5 publishers. Readers don't realize what goes on behind the covers. Nor should they. Readers deserve books that will entertain them and allow them an escape from reality for a short time. I am the one that has to deal with the extremely competitive world of publishing. To get your book in the hands of readers is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Before I began writing, I was not a business woman, but I had to become one to sell my books. I love to write and create stories and am so appreciative of the fans I have. I realize I owe them the conclusion to Winds of Betrayal. I have had emails asking when...when is Set Fire To The Rain coming. I have set dates that I have not met. For that I apologize.

The real reason it isn't complete is because I write what I feel. The story comes to me while I type. To be honest, I haven't felt the story since my mother became ill. It's hard to get into a book and have your attention drawn away. It is not an excuse, but the reason. The fact of the matter is, I'm truly not a very good business woman. My emotions get the better of me.

I do have some funny stories about Momma and my writing, but that will be for another day. Today, I am returning to writing with my momma, once again, as my inspiration.

Momma, you will be missed.



Momma's Eightieth Birthday Celebration

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THOSE LONG WINTER NIGHTS- #READAMYSTERY

Ssh! It's time for a deal. Secret Lives Series, Book 1, Seductive Secrets is Free...

December's Flash Sales