FALL FREEBIES


Everyone loves something for nothing. We all do. We love the feel we are getting a good deal.

Giving away free books is something we Indies' do. It helps us develop a following. It's how I've sold my books. I believe in giving away a sample of my work. There has always been a debate about giving away free books. A lot of authors are dead set against it. I understand. Think about what we do...the time and energy that goes into writing just to give it away. Doesn't make much sense if you look at it one way, but the other...it has helped me sell books.

It calls attention to my books. I had/have been traditionally published, but it was by small and medium size publishers. The large publishers said I needed to show I can sell books. That pushed me into becoming an Indie. Becoming an Indie has had its ups and downs.

Victoria Holt once wrote—  
Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.  

I have learned learned several lessons over the last couple of years of being an Indie writer.
One— Never look back. Make a decision and then look ahead.
Second— Accept criticism. Learn from it.
Third— Enjoy the moments.

As a writer, I love each and every story I've written. I've had a purpose behind each one. When I began writing, I wanted others to enjoy my stories. I write what I love to read myself. It has been an endless journey.

From the bad times of being an Indie emerged my free book, Seductive Secrets under my pen name Colleen Connally. There is a long story as to why I first gave away Seductive Secrets. I didn't want to give it away, but in the end it has been the best thing that has happened to my writing career. I love Seductive Secrets. At this moment in time, Seductive Secrets is approaching 400,000 downloads having been free for a little over a year.

A few weeks ago, I went to my cover artist for my next release. I am planning on releasing my first contemporary mystery/suspense book in December under Colleen Connally. It's the first book in the series, Boston's Crimes of Passion. Back when the Boston Marathon Bombing happened I began formulating a plan on how to give back to my community. I donated a week's proceeds, but felt I needed to do more. I decided to begin this series. When Fragmented is released in December, I'm pledging half my royalties of Fragmented to either The One Fund or another Boston based charity. I have to work out all the details, but it's my way of giving back. This is the cover for my new release.

COMING DECEMBER, 2013!
 Whenever my cover artist, Erin Dameron-Hill, came back to me and told me that I was now considered a best selling author, I was taken back. One of the other things about me being an Indie, I usually don't have a clue about certain things...such as Amazon's best seller list. It's not one of those things that I've ever considered. My focus has always been on writing. When I'm involved in a story I rarely come up for air. It may only be for that moment. I can't write the future...but I can take a moment and say Thank you! I'm truly humbled...truly.

I also realize I have a long way to go on this journey. Along the way, I have met some wonderful people. Some have helped me in ways I can never repay...like Erin. But there are also others such as my new friend, Karen, who is working diligently helping me make my stories the best they can be. I, also, can't tell you how it makes my heart sing to hear the enthusiasm from a reader who wins a signed copy of one of my books. It makes my day. So...my gift to you is my writings.

I have three free books at the moment.

AMAZON       BARNES AND NOBLE

  Seductive Secrets is part of the Secret Lives Series, but it is a standalone book. 

AMAZON      BARNES AND NOBLE


The Cry For Freedom- New revised! The Cry For Freedom isn't a stand alone book...it is part of a series that needs to be read from beginning until the end. The Heavens Shall Fall, Book Four of the Winds of Betrayal Series, is due out in 2014. (I'm hoping the formatting issue The Cry For Freedom was having has been taken care of on Amazon. It should be. If anyone sees differently please let me know).

And then my first free book, Whispers of a Legend, Shadows of the Past. Please be patient with me about the next installment of Whispers of a Legend. I had to push it back at least until 2014...

AMAZON    BARNES AND NOBLE



Enjoy! Have a Great Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOR THOSE LONG WINTER NIGHTS- #READAMYSTERY

Ssh! It's time for a deal. Secret Lives Series, Book 1, Seductive Secrets is Free...

December's Flash Sales